The Pseudo-Conscious Folks’s Civil War Against The Rest Of The African Community In America.
(ThyBlackMan.com) Last year was a very memorable year for The African Community In America from Kendrick Lamar’s Grammy Performance to National Anthem Protests.
But there have also been some very bad moments for our community last year from celebrities buck dancing for Killary to the most destructive aspects of a lot of people within the pseudo-conscious community revealed on social media.
I have seen a lot of pseudo-conscious people using their pseudo-pro blackness as a cover that’s shown to have also revealed a dark, self-hating side to them as well and I have seen some of the most destructive aspects of a lot of the pseudo-conscious folks come out not only on the internet, but also social media.
Intro: Here are the most destructive aspects that I’ve seen from lot of pseudo-conscious people last year.
1. Discriminating Against Other Brothers & Sisters – One of the most destructive elements that I have seen coming from a lot of these pseudo-conscious people this year is their claim that they “love” their own people, but that is far from the truth because their pseudo-love for their people doesn’t truly extend their fellow brothers and sisters who are atheists, agnostics, Christians, feminists, etc. If their love requires subjugation and discrimination against fellow brothers and sisters, then their love is worthless and it makes them enemies of the entire community.
2. Sexism – Another one of the most destructive elements of a lot of the pseudo-conscious guys that I’ve seen last year is the extreme sexism and the intense pushback that they show when someone says that intellectual sisters should also be able to lead the community and maybe that will help quell all these egotistical pseudo-conscious guys that are saying things that are counterproductive to our advancement as a people. And besides there have been many African queens who have been strong warriors and rulers throughout history.
3. Narrow Minded/One Sided Perspective On Certain Topics – I also noticed that a lot of the pseudo-conscious people’s perspective on certain topics are very narrow minded and one sided.
Example: When the topic of homosexuality is discussed, they are quick to point out the genetically modified foods and mainstream media as the “sole reasons” why a lot of brothers are gay, but they deliberately don’t talk about the much bigger reason of a lot of young brothers are gay is because they were molested by mainly their mother’s boyfriends when they were young kids.
When you bring up one perspective of a topic, but don’t bring up the other side of it, then you’re missing the bigger picture.
4. Colorism – I have been really bothered by the colorism that I see that a lot of pseudo-conscious people on social media are very complicit in their part in helping perpetuate. This is a very systemically divide and conquer tactic that has been used against us for over 400 years in this country.
Example: They will gladly praise darker brown skin, but will turn around and deliberately bash and shame those who have light brown skin by saying stuff on social media like “you ain’t dark enough“, “you ain’t black enough“, “you’ll look better if you darkened your skin tone” and this extreme level of colorism greatly pisses me off and it needs to stop.
5. Self-Hate – There are a lot of pseudo-conscious people that have the severe mental illness of self-hate that causes them to greatly vilify, degrade, and shame other groups of brothers and sisters and the venomous attacks coming from a lot of them that I’ve seen on social media have been downright nasty and vicious. And on top of that, it has created a lot of self-serving egotistical guys within that community and that’s bad.
6. Greedy Capitalistic Opportunists – Another thing that I noticed about some of the most notorious pseudo-conscious people is their ability to act like pimp pastors by preaching to the choir for their money and once they get the money, their minds become poisoned by the “Greed Is Good” mentality. Umar and Polight are the most notorious examples of greedy opportunistic capitalists who used their platform to basically financially exploit the entire community.
Example: I remember a few years ago, Umar asked people to “donate” money to a school he was supposedly buying to property educate our young men. But when many people within the community started to ask “Where was the money really going?”, Umar went on an angry tirade that was nasty and vicious against those who dared to even ask him a legitimate question of “Where was the money really going?” And that right there showed me just how greedy and opportunistic pseudo-conscious guys like Umar are.
The Conclusion – I would really love to see all African brothers and sisters put aside all ideologies, beliefs, and petty differences to unite for one main goal: Fight The Power!!!