Why are we Called Niggers… I say its the Nigger Activity! : ThyBlackMan

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Why are we Called Niggers… I say its the Nigger Activity!

March 28, 2013 by
Filed under News, Opinion, Weekly Columns

Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

(ThyBlackMan.com) If you are aware of your history, you know where the word nigger originated from and why! I do not like the word being used to put down my people by white folks no more than the next person of color. Now I am not uptight about the word, due to the fact that me and my friends came up saying “wassup my nigga“, and we thought nothing of it! Now it has been a long time since we were slaves, when that word was just thrown around in such an ugly way, even though I know that some white folks (probably a good bit) still use the word.

As I look around everyday at my people, can you blame some of them? I mean come on black people, lets keep it all the way real here, I know that we are notn-word-2013 just a group of dummys like the media portray’s, but we have a lot of bullshit in us that I just can’t understand. I mean I don’t go out to the club because more than likely I am going to have to dodge a bullet shot from a gun of a black male. If I turn on bet to watch videos, there are going to be dudes bragging about a bunch of negative shit, and some women shaking they asses thinking that they are “the baddest bitches” alive.

When I turn on our radio stations, all I here are songs about how much dope was sold, or how many women lil wayne has banged. If I go to the hood I am going to see a bunch of dudes standing outside smoking and drinking, and maybe selling what little weed he has left because he smoked it all.

A Caucasian co-worker of mine asked me the other day, “why do we kill each other so much“, and to be honest yall, I could not tell him why. I work at a mental health behavior center, and most of the clients are young black males that have no problem and are trying to get a free check and food stamps so that they can live off of the government. A bunch of grown men playing a role and do not want to work. Now when I look at every other single group of people in America, we are the only ones that are fucked up.

The sad part is that other people in the world are looking at this shit, and they are judging us on it. I got to say that I am tired of it, and we can’t keep bringing up that slavery shit, we gotta do something about it. Yeah we were held back as a people, but dam we have to do what we have to do to win. Yeah they did us wrong, now what!  We know who we are dealing with, lets get it.

We don’t have to really act stupid because they said we were, its like now we are proving them right. Yeah we have to fight harder to get to the top, but so what, lets fight harder. Black folks have always made a way for ourselves, but we do not have to do it by degrading ourselves and our women. So I have to be real, I can understand why we get called niggers sometimes, hell I’m sitting here everyday seeing all of this nigger activity. Can you guys see why we might get the N word label.

Staff Writer; Kataurus Braswell

This brother is founder of Black Convo Media Group LLC, a group of website’s dedicated to African Americans. He is also a freelance writer, music producer, and blogger.

Can also connect via Facebook BCMedia and Twitter; BlackConvo.

Comments

10 Responses to “Why are we Called Niggers… I say its the Nigger Activity!”
  1. Krystal says:

There are “n-word”‘s in every group. But, we have a lot of characteristics that cause us to shoot ourselves in the foot. For more information, check out https://krystalbrownblog.wordpress.com/new-e-book-release-tales-from-the-gutter/

2. ReneeK says:

I am a white female and from South Carolina….. Believe it or not, I was raised to see everyone as equal. I do know that there are a whole lot of idiots out there that weren’t. But these people are simple minded fools. I just wish there wouldn’t be so much out there stoking that furnace of seeing the world as an “us” and “them” proposition on both sides.

I have to say that I find a whole lot of truth in what you are saying. And, between this economy and meth, we’re growing our own huge crop of white trash that never existed before. These fine folks and their children will also be a huge burden on the tax payers for generations to come.

What ever happened to cause and effect logic? If the whole apple cart gets upset because the tax payers can no longer keep up the funding, who will benefit? No one. The programs that exist are well meaning and do serve a good purpose. But, no one should think that we can withstand generation upon generation rolling on to them. The only hope we have is getting people to understand this. They were never meant to be a way of life.

Until then, stop making babies, stop making the streets unsafe for anyone, and stop causing the need for more police officers and jails. Please, just stop. Don’t destroy a neighborhood and then complain that the big corporations won’t open a grocery store there. Act from a place of thoughtfulness and purpose. And I say this to anyone of any color. But, it would seem that there are some in the black community that think they are owed anything and everything they can get from “the man”. That’s what’s got to get changed, that mindset.

Yes, things were horrible and unacceptable for way too long. But, at what point do you stop punishing society (and yourself) and start being accountable. Where is Bill Cosby when you need him?

To people of any color who live off of Uncle Sugar, if you do nothing to better yourself, you will never live as well as those of us who are not. Stop hating us for that. While as a white woman, I am probably the last person to make these observations, I’m very glad that you did.

3. Black man says:

Why are we called niggers , this was a name given to us by the white man which was meant for degrading purposes . Then we fought back and said call me negro , which was still nigger . Then we said call me Afro American , which was nigger still .Then we decided we wanted to be called black , they said o.k. , black nigger . Then we said that’s better . As we do we dropped the black and decided to just call each other nigger ( That’s my nigger , that niggers crazy , why that nigger do that ) ..We use it amongst ourselves and figure it’s alright just as long as their not using it .the truth is my brothers , sisters , in-laws , out-laws you can write what you want but I’ll tell you this , we will always be called niggers by them and us .One , we will never be able to change them and us. As in the generations of today they don’t care they think it’s cool . you see they will be no change because to many generations have passed with to many blacks not having knowledge of self.

4. Ronnie says:

I completely agree our people are always looking for fast free money and the easy way out i also work at a mental health facility and the majority of the patients are black, I have never called any of my friends the “N” word because they are not lazy shiftless, trashy people,after reading the Robert Lynch letter and his grandkids. I had my kids read it and made it a teaching tool to make them stronger, I look at these other nationalities and see how they work together with each other to get things acheived. But with us just like the letter says we are so busy with jealousy,fighting,greed amongst each other to accomplish anything. I had a white co-worker say to me that the difference between their families and ours is that they teach their kids as they raise them,we raise our kids to get out on their own.

5. toomanygrandkids says:

Terrance Amens said, “…considering most of our present and present leaders rarely used the N word…”

The fact that they RARELY use/used this word goes to prove that they used/spoke it. Maybe it was how they greeted one another. Isn’t that happening today? Could be ‘our leaders’ are/were describing stupid and ignorant black males. You know, they do exist. And they’ve embraced the N word for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is not because white people called them niggers to their faces. Whites haven’t done that in years and if they do/did, I’m quite sure black males would’ve took some kind of action.

Many blacks preach and teach us that whites think of black males as niggers. That’s different from whites actually saying the word. Black males shouldn’t go around assuming that whites call them niggers when black males are using the word among each other all day, everyday. There are many black men who want to ban the word but there are soooo many who love the word or love using the word, I don’t see it disappearing anytime soon.

You are absolutely correct when you said that we are the problem. Some more than others. But black people can’t tell other blacks what to do and not to do. More blacks should read this website. It would blow their minds.

6. toomanygrandkids says:

around your own hometown: Take note of what you see
    A nigger whether black or white or brown or red or yellow, always thinks his wrongs are right and in his mind, he’s “mellow”
    Blacks and whites and reds and browns are all found in this class; The “Nigger State of Mind” you see, it permeates the mass
    In whether brown or black or white, you really had no say, but still may more beyond that plight by choices made each day
    Since you can’t change your ethnic blend, its not that hard to figure that choice, not birth, is what it takes to make yourself a nigger

7. toomanygrandkids says:

I wasn’t sure where to post this but this looks like a good spot. Of course, I’ll post in a more recent article when someone brings up the subject.

Defining A Nigger

A nigger is a state of mind, has naught to do w/ race
    This rhyme, I hope, should well define all aspects of the case
    The qualities that most denote the nigger state of mind are found amongst most every race, it matters not their kind
    The issues not of black or white nor shades that fall between
    The question’s one of culture, Sir, I’ll show you what I mean
    The choice of ethnic background is made before our birth
    We’re black or brown or red or white before we’re born on earth
    But once we’re here and all grown up, we then have power to choose
    We make those choices everyday that have us win or lose
    To be a nigger is a choice most anyone can make
    Just jump into the welfare line, don’t try to earn your stake
    Father children all around and leave them each without a mainly figure in their lives, a future steeped in doubt
    A nigger only lives for ME, has little thought of others
    His prime concern is for himself and not his children’s mothers
    Add a dash of laziness and no concern for books, a half a man without a plan who cares not how he looks
    His baseball cap turned with the wind, his pants down to his crack, and in polite society he knows not how to act
    No manners nor no courtesy has he before his woman, and no respect for older folks: all takin’ and no gvin’
    A nigger lives for just right now, no matter what his race
    The nigger mindset never thinks his future must he face
    A flashy car, with rims, oh my! A big black Cadillac, while eatin’ on a welfare check, his kids live in a shack
    Don’t want no job to tie him down, don’t wanna read no books
    Sleep all day, have sex all night, his ass, it has no hooks
    Of all the clues and telltale signs of nigger attribution, the one outstanding over all is lack of contribution
    And if you think its only blacks that fit this pedigree, just look

8. @ Shane

I sure hope you’re not Black, considering most of our past and present leaders rarely if ever used the N word because they knew it represented more than the color of our skin or a place on a map. This word was used to describe Black people in the worst period of our history on this planet. It was used to denigrate us and show the control whites had over us.

I wonder if you call yourself a nigger and would allow a white man to call you one. Then again, if you are Black, all you’ve proven by your comment is you’re still a slave. If you are white, which would make more sense, you don’t have a clue of what you’re talking about.

Black Unity means financial independence and happiness

9. Shane Candidus says:

Nigger, Niger, Negro and others are derivatives of the Latin word meaning black.

Black. Nothing more or less. Many many places names in all romance language speaking countries have negro or niger contained. Always in reference to some feature coloured black.

Black – nigger means black. Everything else you want it to mean was brought to the word after the fact.

Just black. Now get over it already.

10. The more important question is why we call ourselves niggers, considering the history of how it was used to denigrate our people. So to answer this question is to answer the question of the other problems in our community as well. But incase you don’t know, it’s because we as a people haven’t dealt with the psychological effects of slavery, and until we do, we’ll never reach our full potential as a people.

The proof is all around us. In the way we treat each other, not working together as a group, judging each other based on how we look, and all the other things that keep us from supporting each other. The ultimate proof is spending a trillion dollars in every community but our on and then complain about why we can’t get a job or what we need in our community. Wake up Black people. The enemy we now live with is the person staring back at us in the mirror everyday. But we can change this. For more information, click on my name.

Black Unity means financial independence and happiness