The Art of Business Cards: Exchanging, Receiving & Storing.
(ThyBlackMan.com) We all know that business cards are like American Express and you never leave home without them. That is basic professional information, but how the card is exchanged, received and stored is somewhat of an art! Here are the Top Eleven Ways to Master the Art of The Business Card:
• Keep your business card readily available so that you can grab one at a moment’s notice.
• Make sure that you always have enough business cards in case you end up in an impromptu mixer situation.
• Keep your business cards clean, if they are dirty, bent or folded-discard them. Your business card is a direct reflection of you. This includes business cards that you personally alter with a crossed out email address or new phone number.
• The exchange of business cards, like shaking hands, should always be done with the right hand-when receiving and giving.
• Do not dole out your business cards like flyers, there is an art to the process and it indicates the beginning of a potential business relationship, be ginger and demonstrate class and panache.
• Make sure that you have permission to offer your business card to somebody and request theirs in return.
• When you have received permission to give somebody your business card make sure that you offer them your card with your name and logo facing them.
• When you accept a business card always look at it and make a positive comment about it, its color, attractiveness or logo. This will also help you to remember who they are.
• Do not jot jot notes on your business card or anybody elses.
• Do not store a business card in a pocket below the waist, a business card holder behind your cards or in a jacket pocket are always most appropriate.