(ThyBlackMan.com) After enjoying football, time with family and friends and a belly full of turkey with all the fixings. Many folks find themselves sitting at the dining room table laying out their game plan for Black Friday.
You would think they were setting up for an FBI sting. Sales papers are laid out across the table. They have drafted and devised the perfect plan to get their hands on the perfect gift. All this meticulous planning is necessary if one is to get everything written down on their list.
With maps showing the layout of the store Black Friday Shoppers are placing their mother, cousins, aunts and girlfriends strategically throughout the store
But while we are busy strategizing on how we are going to spend our hard earned money, we should also strategize using our wallets and checkbooks responsibly.
Here are some common tips to prevent turning your Black Friday into a broke one.
- Stick to your list. If you didn’t write it down don’t buy. Adhering to your list helps you to stay out of trouble. If you don’t you will find yourself overspending and maybe not even getting the actual gifts that where on your list to begin with.
- Stick to your budget. If you have planned to spend $1000.00, $500.00 or $100.00, stick to your budget. Don’t go over. Be hard on yourself. Listen to that angel on the right side of your shoulder whispering, “Don’t do it.” Ignore that little devilish thing on the left telling you otherwise. If you stick to your list as I mentioned in number one, than number two should be easy to follow.
- Know what’s on sale. Don’t enter into the wilderness blindly. For you new kids on the block it’s important that you take heed to this. Study the sales papers before you go out. You will not have time to stroll leisurely throughout the store as if it were a lazy Saturday. If you don’t you will find yourself walking around like a lost lamb and I guarantee you will miss out.
- Stay in your lane. Don’t stop dead in your tracks when you come across the coolest looking kitchen gadget. So what that donut hole maker and electric pizza cutter are a steal. Yes Snuggies are only $3.00 even though you still have the four you bought two black Fridays ago sitting in your closet unopened. Stay in your lane! Keep your eyes straight ahead. Don’t act like a kid in a candy store. In other words don’t jump to buy it just because it’s there and for sale. Remember to ask yourself do I really need it.
- It never hurts to ask. Try using coupons clipped from the paper or printed from a store’s website. Some might accept coupons and even offer price matching. It doesn’t hurt to ask. Like they say a closed mouth doesn’t get fed.
- And lastly just stay home. I understand the urgency to get in on the action. We sometimes feel the need to get caught up in the frenzy. I know that I have, but don’t get caught up in the excitement and find yourself broke and stressed when it’s all over. Choosing to sit out on Black Friday is also an option.
Remember tis the season and there will be many more sells to come.
Staff Writer; Eleanie Campbell
For more writings by this sista feel free to visit; SoulXPosed2U.